February 24, 2012

I have nothing to wear in February!



Still the same blouse from the same book.




A little thought to Eva who just left for Vienna. I needed a name for this blouse and while staying in the dance theme it really suits the piece of clothing shown here and fits to the situation. I like that.
The blouse was sewn for the Challenge J'ai Rien à Me Mettre and inspired by its theme: Like a Queen. What could I wear in the noble fabrics? I just happened to feel like wearing lace. Isn't it perfect?




The blouse was made out of this bright luminous beige cotton popeline I bought in New York and form lace I received from my mother directly from Sicily. This blouse is my mum and dad in one.
Add a cute doted blue bias for the sleeves and the piping and a plain one for the bottom.
It is my first piping, reader, my first ever, made with love and improvisation thanks to, on the first hand, the great tutorials from Thread and Needles and, on the other, my imagination, I didn't have special strings for that and I just used plain usual cooking string (so original, I know)




 I'm quite happy with the result, the polka dot blue breaks the too formal side of the lace.



Don't hesitate to visit the other challenger on J'ai Rien à Me Mettre!



No comments:

Post a Comment